Below you can find RisingStack's collection of the most important Node.js news, updates, projects & tutorials from this week:
- make console.table() use colored inspect (TSUYUSATO Kitsune)
- move fs/promises to fs.promises (cjihrig)
- added aborted property to request (Robert Nagy)
- initialize a module via a special symbol (Gabriel Schulhof)
- add public API to expose the main V8 Platform (Allen Yonghuang Wang)
The executive director of the Nodej.js Foundation, Mark Hinkle provides major updates from the Node.js Foundation team and the most recent Node.js Foundation board meeting every month. Read his latest update hereby.
Node.js is a wildly popular option for creating backend apps. Golang is quickly increasing in popularity as a general web development language. Which do you prefer?
In this blog post, we run shell commands as child processes in Node.js. We then use async language features to read the stdouts of those processes and write to their stdins.
What if a user asks something that isn’t in the FAQ? Let's set up an easy way to add new content to your FAQ service via Slack slash commands.
Previously Node.js Updates:
In the previous Weekly Node.js Update, we collected great articles, like
- Node v6.14.2 (LTS) is released;
- The Difference Between Async/Await and Generators;
- Hosting multiple apps on the same server — Implement a reverse proxy with Node;
- Debugging polyglot Node.js, Ruby, R apps with GraalVM;