Below you can find RisingStack's collection of the most important Node.js news, updates, projects & tutorials from this week:
- Support for crypto.scrypt() has been added.
- BigInt support has been added to fs.stat and fs.watchFile.
- APIs that take mode as arguments no longer throw on values larger than 0o777.
- Fix crashes in closed event watchers.
- Worker Threads:
- Support for multi-threading has been added behind the --experimental-worker flag in the worker_threads module. This feature is experimental and may receive breaking changes at any time.
When merging/rebasing, the file that always seems to cause trouble is the package-lock. In this post you’ll go through how to make a simple utility that deletes the package-lock.json file, regenerates it (npm install) and adds it to the git index.
In this article you'll learn how to test Single Page Apps in an end-to-end fashion, using a Behavior-Driven-Development tool called Cucumber.js, and Google’s web browser library Puppeteer.
In this document, you'll learn the exact specifications and behavior of Node.js deployments running on
In this quickstart, you use a direct method to control a simulated device connected to your IoT hub. You can use direct methods to remotely change the behavior of a device connected to your IoT hub.
Previous Node.js Updates:
In the previous Weekly Node.js Update, we collected great articles, like
- Node.js Updates from June 12;
- Google Cloud announces support for Node.js in App Engine;
- Deploying Node.js on App Engine standard environment;
- AWS SDK for Node.js Best Practices;