Below you can find RisingStack's collection of the most important Node.js news, updates, projects & tutorials from this week:
- added console.count() and console.clear() (James M Snell)
- expose ECDH class (Bryan English)
- added cypto.randomFill() and crypto.randomFillSync() (Evan Lucas)
- warn on invalid authentication tag length (Tobias Nießen)
- upgrade libuv to 1.16.1 (cjihrig)
- added socket.setMulticastInterface() (Will Young)
Read the post for more info here.
This gist is updated daily via cron job and lists stats for npm packages:
- Top 1,000 most depended-upon packages
- Top 1,000 packages with largest number of dependencies
- Top 1,000 packages with highest PageRank score
Sharing common code between projects and repositories is a key factor for better modularity and faster development, but it’s also complicated.
Here you can read a practical overview of 5 methods for sharing code between these repos and projects for 2018.
I have started to use GraphQL in 2017 and since then without exception used it for every project. However, I have soon hit a limitation–the response size can become huge. This happens when you normalize your resources (as you should).
In this post, you can read a solution for reducing GraphQL response size using basic principles of compression?
In this blog, We are going to see how we can install the node.js and npm on the Debian Operating system.
Front-end developers often refer to transparent reactivity as magic, but there is nothing magical about it. How come? Read this post for details.
Learn how to build a Node.js application with MongoDB Atlas and deploy it easily using Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS).
Which should you choose: Event Sourcing or CRUD?
In this post, you can read about everything that needs to be considered before deciding.
Would you like to know more about the Node.js Fundamentals, Microservices, Kubernetes, Angular, or React? We have good news for you!
Previously Node.js Updates:
In the previous Weekly Node.js Update, we collected great articles, like
- Building a realtime polls app with Node.js and Pusher;
- Use OpenWhisk for FaaS with Node.js and Couchbase NoSQL;
- Why Developers Love Node.js & what's their main issue with it? Survey Results.;
- A Node.js Perspective on MongoDB 3.6: Array Filters;